Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Beth E. Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Can anyone help me identify the correct top holders for my '22 roadster? I've tried 3-4 different sets of Bair (or Bair look-alike) holders and none of them have the correct spacing in the 'grooves' to receive the top irons. Also, I saw the '22 roadster on the VCCA "100 years of Chevrolet photos" gallery (http://www.vcca.org/1922.jpg) and it looks like that top holder has some kind of coupling that attaches it to the post on the car. I've not seen anything like that in the sets I've tried so far. Can anyone verify if the correct set for my car should be in two pieces or if it should attach directly to the post coming out of the car.
Thanks for any help or direction anyone can offer.
Beth

Beth from Maryville, TN
1922 Chevy 490 Roadster (survivor)
1928 Chevy Roadster (survivor)
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Hello Beth,

have you asked Jim Farris? I believe he has a roadster from 1922, and could be helping here.

:vcca:

Solan G, # 32797

Take advantage in your hobby by being member of VCCA!

Beth E. Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks Solon,
That thought crossed my mind but I thought maybe someone could give me some easy pointers on how to determine which are the right ones before I bought the next 4 or 5 sets to try. I guess I'll try to reach him for an answer. thanks again. Have a great week.

Beth from Maryville, TN
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi Beth
I that Dave Wiltsey is in the process of acquiring a roadster! Get in touch with him.
John Maxam

Beth E. Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks John,

I didn't know Dave was getting a roadster. He is trying to find a cylinder head for me so I guess I can just ask him about the top holders too.

I appreciate your help. Beth

Beth from Maryville, TN

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.