Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#420637 01/27/19 10:19 PM
3 Images
Grease Monkey
1927 Chevy Capitol

Hi All,

I am working on re-building a 1927 Chevy Capitol 1 ton truck. I have a couple pictures attached of it. The first picture is of when I first bought it, the other two are after cleaning and painting the engine, new carburetor and new gas tank. Unfortunately, the one that was on it was beyond repair. It has new tires, the wheels have been repainted and it has a steering wheel now! I have a line on pieces to build a cab, but need a cowl for the front. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2 Comments
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The firewall you have is all that is necessary to build a cab. It holds the instruments, supports the steering column and back of the hood. Sorry I don't have any photos of assembled truck cabs but there are others on Chat that surely do.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Ah okay, that makes sense. I was able to find some other pictures of huckster trucks and it looks like you would just need to build a wood frame for the front to mount the doors on.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.