Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Clement
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#487096 11/18/2023 11:06 PM
by TerryWatson
TerryWatson
I have a 29 2dr coach parts car along with my restored car. The parts car has complete sheet metal and frame. Also has driveshaft and rear differential with wheels. The front axle, steering linkage and wheels are also intact. The engine has had the head removed and has been open for many years. I have a family member who is trying to buy the car. He has offered me $1000 for the car. Is this a reasonable offer? Opinions please..
Liked Replies
#487248 Nov 24th a 10:07 PM
by beachbum
beachbum
If you start adding up the values of the various parts $1,000 is a great deal. The 4 fenders alone are worth $600 to $800 + if they are in good condition. Differential, $100 to $250, doors $100 to $200 each, quarters $200 each. That is just some of the bigger items. Many other parts are worth money too. Handles, gauges, floor pans, windshield riser, even the body brackets, are all of value to someone who is missing theirs. It would take awhile to sell all of this off individually so - it is gone in one fell swoop for a good price.

Sounds fairly complete, if it is in pretty good shape it would be a good candidate for restoration. $1,000 for a car like that would be a good start.
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.