Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Clement, Hendo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by 35Mike
35Mike
Yesterday I drove My 1936 1-1/2 ton Chevy to our local Steam Engine/ tractor show. I made a 50 mile trip out of a 30 mile trip, to avoid the interstate. It took 1-1/2 hours each way for my 100 mile round trip. No problems were encountered. I pulled off a few times to let traffic pass. I used the hand throttle as cruise control on a flat portion of U.S. Highway 40 in the Missouri River bottom across from Boonville Missouri. It gave my foot a rest.
My top speed was probably reached when I coasted down the hill into that section. I might have made it to 55 mph for a short stretch.
I hope I forget how sore my back is, before it is time to do it again next year.

Mike
Liked Replies
by dunfire
dunfire
Those cabs are very cozy, aren't they? Even a short ride in my truck results in me walking like a 100 year old man for a few minutes to straighten out!
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.