Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Clement, Niels_V, Stovblt
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#478802 02/13/2023 9:41 AM
by Niels_V
Niels_V
Hi all
My names is Niels, I live in the little Nordic country Denmark and I have been collecting vintage cars since I was teenager.
I currently have a couple of cars and trucks of different makes and my prized possession is a 1941 Canadian Military Pattern Chevrolet Cab12 gun tractor.
A truck that I had wanted since I, as a child, build a model kit of it.
I have one additional truck that I would like to own, a 109" wheel base, 1941-47 Chevrolet COE.

Best regards Niels
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#478861 Feb 14th a 10:49 AM
by Niels_V
Niels_V
And sorry if I write a bit esoteric.
But here are the 3 different Canadian Military Pattern cab types. 11, 12 and 13
Attached Images
2 members like this
#478807 Feb 13th a 12:45 PM
by Tiny
Tiny
wel2 Very nice Niels! Glad to have you aboard!
1 member likes this
#478803 Feb 13th a 10:19 AM
by Dave39MD
Dave39MD
Welcome, very nice truck!

Dave
1 member likes this
#478817 Feb 13th a 03:50 PM
by Stovblt
Stovblt
Hej Niels
og velkommen!

It's great to have another contributor to the forum who represents Chevrolet's military history.
I think we could use more people with more information about this important and under appreciated part of Chevrolet history.
We're lucky to have you.

Welcome!

PS
Any and all pictures of the details of your vehicle will be welcome and appreciated!
1 member likes this
#478847 Feb 13th a 10:23 PM
by Stovblt
Stovblt
Wow

This is really outside my field of knowledge (which isn't large in the first place :-).
But sure is cool and interesting.
I have had my hands on a Danish issue M1 Garand with a Danish issue bayonet and sheath to go with it though!
1 member likes this
#478841 Feb 13th a 09:21 PM
by Niels_V
Niels_V
Hi Stovblt
I think in the USA, Chevrolets contribution to the war effort is overshadowed by GMC CCKW 353, but in the Commonwealth and the countries that served with the British (Poland and CZ eg.) it seems there is a growing appreciation for the CMP vehicles.
Mine is second iteration of the cabs, and one of in total 22,891 (of all 3 cab iteration) gun tractors produced by Chevrolet and Ford.
The origins of the CMP where vehicles built to fulfill British military requirements, its fitted with the 216" engine, 4 speed transmission, with a two speed transfer box, and a power take off for the winch ( which is based on a Ford axle)
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.