Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Clement, jtroberts64
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by brewster
brewster
We left Bolton, just north of Toronto, on Saturday morning around 8:00 Am. In tow is our 1953 Belair convertible. It's 1200 kms, or 740 miles to Bowling Green. Crossed into Michigan at Detroit around 12:30. They've had 6 years to fix the interstates in Michigan, but have done nothing but move the cones around! Our original plan was to stay overnight around Dayton, but Abby started asking if we were there yet about 30 minutes into the drive! I told her we'd be driving ALL day, then again the following day. She wanted nothing to do with that. We phoned the hotel and extended our stay by a night, and I told her we'd drive all in one day... provided she stopped asking "how much further?"!! It worked!! We arrived in BG at 9:45pm. Already a bunch of cars there from the Central meet that weekend.Met new people, and mingled with old friends. I hit the lot for some late pictures of the cars rolling in. Great times...
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Chipper
Chipper
As a participant and judge, I can assure you that the vehicles brought to the 60th Anniversary Meet were top notch. Our team judged 10 1941 - 1954 and not one scored under 950 out of a 1000. The Best of Show competition was very difficult to determine. If you weren't there plan on being at the 65th in 4 years. It is a rolling/driving better than museum quality show.
1 member likes this
by brewster
brewster
Someone will have to post the modern stuff... I'm all pre-'65ish!
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by brewster
brewster
Caught this old fella going through field entrance. I think he left his Fulton on the trailer...

It was a pleasure meeting you, Charlie. And what a fantastic car!
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.