Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
smtclassics
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by smtclassics
smtclassics
Hey everyone, I am looking for someone who can cut a front windshield for a 1955 Chevy Chop Top. I am located in Lenoir City, Tennessee and haven't had any luck locally. Hoping that someone here can point me in the right directions. Thanks in advance cool
Liked Replies
by Dave39MD
Dave39MD
You might try "The Glass Man" in CA Nick 530 626 6923

Dave
1 member likes this
by Rusty 37 Master
Rusty 37 Master
Are you working with a 1955 First or Second Series truck?

Either one you working with curved glass. I expect that you will have to start with a full windshield and have it cut to fit the opening. I doubt if anyone will guarantee their work against breakage.

The other key is that they will probably not do the work until you have completed the metal work. When the pillars are at an angle that angle will change when you lower the top. So the edges of the glass have to change.

You might have to reach into the Nashville or Memphis area to find someone who does this type work. Even locally owned glass shops typically do not do this work.
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.