Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Clement, Ed_Osier
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Dev
Dev
Hi, I need help in the identification of color found on the car, pic attached. It's a medium green with hue of blue.
This color is not in the '48 paint chips.
Will someone please help in the identification?
Dev
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Chev Nut
Chev Nut
In the US Freedom Blue was a 1947 color. The car could be solid Freedom Blue or two toned with a lighter Ozone blue lower. Freedom blue would be best descibed as a medium dark blue.

1948 has LAKE COMO blue as the upper color, a much more metallic medium dark blue and Dove Gray as a lower lighter light gray color, a stunning combination. There was no US light blue color,

For two tone cars the factory painted the lower color first and top color last bringing the lower color slightly above the top color at the belt line with very little over lap. .
1 member likes this
by Ed_Osier
Ed_Osier
I just had my 48 painted with the original colors of Lake Como Blue on top and Dove Gray on the bottom. My son is a professional body man and did a wonderful paint job on it. It is a beautiful combination. Now to put all of the chrome back on it.
1 member likes this
by Chev Nut
Chev Nut
That was my favorite color combination for 1948. yipp
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.