Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
cufrcp
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#372440 07/22/2016 1:25 PM
by styleline51
styleline51
A word of caution to any folks who are moving to a new home with their classic car. I just found out the hard way that Hagerty Insurance will NOT provide a policy in CA if the vehicle is not stored in a private garage. The will not write a policy if the car is in a public garage as in an apt or condo building--even if it's gated with restricted access to a pass key. So be aware!!

Apparently JC Taylor has the same requirement, so be prepared to shell out some hard earned bucks to add your car to your daily driver policy.

Does anyone out there know of any other insurance companies who insure classic cars reasonably??

Liked Replies
#372484 Jul 23rd a 12:11 AM
by Back Roads
Back Roads
I switched to Hagerty because they would allow my teen aged Grandchildren to drive our cars. I will say they only drove them on tours with our clubs and my wife and I were in the car. J C Taylor would not allow it.
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.