New to this forum as I've only been working on my 37 Buick for the past few years. But I've been looking for a 37 Chevy Coupe forever and finally found one.

Just got it home last week. Looks to be truly a Parade Car. Spent this last week draining everything I can find and refilling with modern and fresh fluids. Cleaning everything I can reach. Getting it up on stands and inspecting everything I can see. The carb hasn't been touched in forever so THAT has taken awhile the actually recognize. The fuel pump and glass bowl was beyond full of crap. I haven't drained the fuel tank yet as it actually runs pretty smooth right now but that is next. I haven't found any rust or bodywork anywhere so THAT is good. I drove it around the block after the fluid changes and wasn't overly impressed with the ride. Brought it back and figured how to refill all the shocks. They were all less than full so topped them all off. I'll take it around again and see what was improved. In hindsight I should have blown out as much previous fluid as possible before adding some but that'll wait till later. Checked the front end alignment and at least the toe was good. If the shocks didn't improve the ride I'm thinking string the axles to make sure all is running in a straight line. Trying not to make any sudden changes just to confirm all is pretty tight and smooth. I can see cracked wire everywhere so that'll need tending to. Anyway... that's what I did this week. Cheers