Hey y'all; thanks for adding me.
Scheduled to receive tomorrow my new-to-me '34 Chevy Truck. It claims to be all original, and a driver (with a new battery and gas).

I'm excited, as this truck has some sentimental value to us.

Attached Photo #1 is my father-in-law (the tall guy). This was circa '44, and was just before he shipped off to fight the Nazi's, eventually getting his purple heart at the Battle of the Bulge.

Photo #2 is my Grandfather, circa '40, with his first delivery truck for his furniture business.

So of course we needed one.

Photo #3 is the truck on it's way to me as I type this.

I'm excited. Plans for it are not restoration, nor hot-rod. We want a useable farm-truck. We moved in June to a small agriculture town. Sold my Ferrari and bought a 1910 Victorian Farmhouse with enough room for a few animals, etc. This truck will hopefully be our "run to tractor supply for some hay" truck. Maybe drive it in the hometown parade, etc etc.

I've never owned anything quite this old. (In the '80's I owned a '41 Ford p-up, which was on it's way to a street-rod, when I sold it.)
On my list of things I need to investigate, and which I'd appreciate the group's knowledge on:
- Brakes. If working correctly, are these brakes okay and up-to-the-task? If no, then what's the common solution?
- 6v vs 12v. It's still 6v right now. Should I change to 12v? Considerations?
- Climate controls - is the heater / defroster (if working correctly) up to the requirements of a cold Northern-Utah winter?

Thank you all, in advance, for your shared enthusiasm and assistance! New Adventures are the BEST! haha.
Attached Images