Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Bill
I applaude your efforts to upload the pics and my (uneducated)guess as to why the Starbucks idea didnt work is the encryption that they use and it may also be an company internal system as well.
I hope you are not trying to drive until you have sobered up, I think it is frowned upon there as well as here in Aus.
Have fun and do it SAFELY.
I look forward to seeing the pics when they appear.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
OP Offline
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Dial up? Heck, I have been using dial up so long I don't think anything about it. That is "modern stuff" for where we live. Wow......come to think of it, we just got flush toilets in our area last week!

flush :cool2: yipp dance yay

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Guess we now know why the old doggie is so full of it.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
OP Offline
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Yep, that's because the doggie got it from those dudes in Texas......you know.....the second largest state! bigl

At any rate, day three of the Junkyard Dog Adventure is now completed and everyone had a great time. We saw collections of gas pumps, porcelain signs, toys, and other related items. We also received a tour of the factory where the custom-built high tech Ariel Atom racer is manufactured. Even Jay Leno has one in his collection! We also checked out a street rod custom fabrication shop and a large home arcade containing lots of pinball machines, video machines, and a very large one-of-a-kind Batman collection. What another great day this was!

Tomorrow is the Caveman Vintage Car Club Swap Meet and then everyone will head for their homes with a lot of great memories!

Billy Boy Barker should be posting some photos of this event on Monday so stay tuned.

wink :) :grin:

The Mangy Old Mutt

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
We had a great time with our old timey dial up system, just crank up the local switchboard operator and say "Hey Lottie Mae, plug me into the WWW internet server! the Comanche Co-op Telephone Company also has the server! That is what we used before they got DSL, I get DSL for $40 a month tacked onto my telephone bill. We had Lottie Mae send out the local guru Bobby Gene loudermilk Jr. and he came out between feeding the cows and goats and running his trot-line and installed the DSL. Now we are ONLINE 24-7 Sometimes it even works all day, and into the wee hours of the night! We may only be the second largest state in the union...but we are so technologically advanced we even have a Comanche County Emergency Management Coordinator, with 1 full time 911 mapping clerk employee. How about that for being up to snuff?

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
We're home. It was an 8 1/2 hour drive... and we weren't even in the running for longest distance traveled!!

Here's four quick photos of stuff that we saw.

Zephyr V12
[Linked Image from vcca.org]

V12 Engine

Pikes Peak Winner

An early Harley

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Photos now available.... and for you high-speed junkies (internet, that is)... there is an animated slide show with music.

CLICK HERE FOR JYD 2007 PHOTOS

Bill Barker
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
WOW Great shots and looks like all had a great time

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Some great pics there.
Obviously all enjoyed the exercise especially after a Mrs Q breakfast it would be needed.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
OP Offline
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
As you guys can see we ran into a lot of really neat things on the Junkyard Dog Adventure this year....and some of the stuff we discovered no one has seen before! One of the major discoveries the group made was a black 1954 Corvette that has been in storage for years and years in the back corner of a shop complex. The car was barely visible since it was covered with several piles of "junk". More on this when the story appears in the G&D in the latter part of 2009.

Note also there were more Junkyard Puppies in attendance than what is shown in the photo. Some didn't want to be in the group photo and the others met up with us at our first stop of the day on Thursday morning. We actually had 30 dudes attend the three-day tour this year.

Thanks for posting the photos Billy Boy Barker!

wink :) :grin:

The Mangy Old Mutt

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Good to see Ms. Angela is still servng it up at Mrs. Q's. Always a nice way to start the day. Thanks to Bill for posting the pix.

Bill.

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Yep... it is some of the best coffee that I've ever seen... er... tasted!!! yay devil

For those who attended... the CD is being worked on as we speak. Helgy is hot on it... I saw him last night and he's over 50% done!!!! I gave him 58 minutes of video and his eyes rolled into the back of his head! Hint: Expect to see only about 10 minutes of it once he finishes the edits!! stressed

CLICK HERE FOR SNEAK PREVIEW OF PHOTOS auto

Bill Barker
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.