Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#77659 07/23/02 01:58 PM
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I'm looking to restore the original interior look for the '78 Malibu that had suffered a bit of amatuer remodeling.

Would a Delco radio from any GM car of similar years fit, or are there space limitations to keep in mind? In other words, was the Delco radio universal for most GM cars that year, or were there certain sizes and shapes for different models that won't fit Malibu?

ES

World's Greatest

Vintage Chevrolet Club of America
"The World's Best Chevrolet Club"
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
No replies....? :(

Maybe this one is a stumper! wink

Well, if this is helpful...I spotted a Delco radio that the buyer says came from an '80 Cadillac but should fit similar years GM. It's got what appears to be a finned attachment to the side. Would this fit the Malibu?

ES

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Ed, I think that all G M radios in that era are the same .I have a Buick radio in my 81 Chev pickup [am fm ] that is the same size as the one in my 80 Monte Carlo and its the same as a Malibu. If you want an Am only I will send one for shipping costs. auto

woody
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Hi Woody!

Thanks for the kind offer. That would be swell - sounds like a fair deal. dance As long as it fits the appropriate year/era (i.e. late 70's ~ early 80's) that works fine for me. I take it that you know it's working, yes?

I can send you a suitable box with enough to cover shipping. Do you think $10 would cover it?

Send me your reply and address at my e-mail, and I'll set that up with you.

Ed
ed@rlw.com

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.