Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
The use of United States Postal Money Orders is a little help. I too have done a couple of hundred tranactions both buying and selling, and only had a problem with a few non payments, other than that I have not had any problems. I think it is a much better venue than Hemmings, and it really changed the hobby, many things are surfacing that otherwise would never show up. The swap meet thing is pretty much dead here in the east. Carlisle is a waste of time, and Hershey is great, but other than that, e-bay is the way! I found even when selling I am able to reach out to the people who want it, a much more focused group Unlike swap meets (who make money of off both seller and buyer) the effort is much less to sell on e-bay, and I don't have to deal with any jerks trying to buy things for next to nothing, or bad weather, or motel rooms, or meals. So as a seller it is cost effective. To sell at swap meet it could cost over $1000, for four days, so you are in the hole before you start. I have had a few people e-mailing me looking to buy things for less before the auction ends, but then you don't even have to answer them. I don't know why people can't accept the price, either you want it or not, if I am asking too much then move on, but the haggeling part I always find insulting. Any way I love e-bay! Just like everything else, a buyer and seller must be carefull!
John

John

1954 Belair Sport Coupe
1960 2 door Impala Hardtop 348/340HP 4spd
1962 2 door Impala Hardtop 409/409 4spd
1962 2 Door Biscayne Sedan 327/250 Auto
1977 Monza Mirage 305 4 Speed
1988 Celebrity Wagon
2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Diesel
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
While I do have time to work on my project (won on eBay wink #2405746179), there's no way I would have time to scour swap meets, flea markets, etc for parts. Thank whatever deity you subscribe to for eBay.

I've won over 200 auctions and been dissapointed twice. I gave them neg feedback and they returned it. I got over it (150+) and they're no longer operating on eBay. At least not with the ID's they were using then.

Caveat Emptor. Read the descriptions. Check the pictures twice. Check the feedback. Ask questions and ask for more pictures. Know what the part is worth and be patient. There will be another one eventually.

And personally, I wouldn't buy a vehicle that I couldn't examine with Eyeball Mk1 before payment. Or least have someone who I know and whose opinion I trust check it out for me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.