Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi All,

On my 1929 1-1/2 ton truck with the 194 HP Stovebolt engine, after removing the value cover I found bolted to each rocker arm upright a V shaped appendage with a capillary tube running down the middle of each arm of the V and employing a felt wick oiler at the tip of each V arm to lubricate each valve stem (in addition to the typical push rod oilers). Can anybody provide some background/historical information on this piece of After Market equipment?

Respectfully,

-Norm

Attached Images
IMG_E7221.jpg IMG_7524_rear_rocker_valve_wicks.jpg
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Norm,
I know nothing about them except that they are the coolest Chevy accessory I have seen in quite a while. What a crying shame that they will be covered up. I would be trying to invent a clear valve cover, if I had them.

Mike

ml.russell1936@gmail.com

Many miles of happy motoring
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Get lots of pictures of those. They are unique.

I have found that having an old car is a constant project that is never done. I think that is a good thing. Keeps me learning new things. Having two from different eras is just a form of higher education.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.