Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hello VCCA folks!

I am aiming to complete a fuel system update on our families 1954 3100. I am 90% confident the fuel pump needs to be replaced to get the truck running. While I replace the pump I would like to replace the lines from the pump to the carburetor and replace the modern inline filter near the carburetor with a period correct filter. I may also rebuild the carburetor if needed.

Please share your experience and insights for fuel system refreshes on trucks like ours. Specifically what is the closest to the original fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel lines you recommend.

Thanks!

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Try to determine if you have an original or older reproduction fuel pump. If you do, you will probably get better results by rebuilding it rather than buying a new pump these days.

You can buy preformed fuel lines from Inline Tubing or Classic Tubing. They actually fabricate the lines. Other supply houses such as Chev of the 40’s and The Filling Station buy from sources like them.

Or you can buy 5/16” fuel line at your local auotpaprts store and make your own.

There was no fuel filter standard on these trucks. There are period correct accessory and aftermarket filters you can add.

Rusty

VCCA #44680

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.