Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#486369 10/21/23 02:00 PM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I have the original car order for my dad's 1955 Chev BelAir 2 door. It has the engine number and serial number. Is there any way to locate the car? I would love to give this receipt to the owner, if the car even exists. Is there a cross-reference base or any way to find the conversion from the engine number to a VIN number? I just thought I would try. Purchased in Oregon 11/21/1955

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
I appreciate your gesture and intentions.

Unfortunately it is very difficult to track down the ownership trail of an old car. There are privacy restrictions and in most states the online records only go back so far. Older records have either been destroyed or if they exist they are paper records that can only be searched manually.

This is all assuming that the car still exists.

Rusty

VCCA #44680

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.