Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
Parked it out in Mom's back yard and went off to war... My brother drove it one year and put water in the radiator... :-( 8" crack in lower block. Came back to find it stripped of a lot of hard to find and/or expensive parts. I've been hoping to restore it as close as possible to stock, but now I'm living on a fixed income and it doesn't look good. Planning to do all the restoration possible without much cash just to putter around on it for a while and will then probably sell it.
And "no", the picture of the front end isn't my car. ;-)

Attached Images
40 Chevy on trailer.jpg 40 Cheve front.jpg

Richard
Waverly, IA
Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
I have all of the chrome trim except the small piece between the door and hood on the driver's side, the strip that goes down the middle of the grill, and the taillight rings. I also have a lot of spare trim, because I had another '40 I was parting out, but it was stolen and never seen again; not registered and parked outside the fence, so someone figure it was up for grabs... :-(
PS The car was on the trailer for our move to Waverly, IA, where I'm living now.

Richard
Waverly, IA

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.