Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#484731 08/26/23 03:30 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Greetings,

Could you please assist with my find as these pickup’s are very scares in my part of the world.

My research suggest that this is a 36 high cab model but with all differences between the models I need some expert advise please.

Had a couple of vintages car enthusiasts around and they think it’s a 34 model but the owner couldn’t get a 34 hood and fitted a 36 as the 34 had vertical louvers 🤷🏻‍♂️😕

What was all the differences between the 34/35 and 36 with regards to the bin, cab and front end please ?

Thank you.

Attached Images
IMG_5196.jpeg
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Welcome to Chevy Chat.
Your truck, what I can see of it, is 1936 High Cab. The quickest way to tell is the rounded bottom corners of the windshield. The 1934/1935 cab looks identical to this cab, except that the windshield has sharp corners. I believe some '36 High Cab truck had all metal doors, while others, along with their '34/'35 siblings, had wood structure in the doors. The crank out windshield appeared for the first time in 1936, but some still had the wing nut and slide arrangement, as did the '34/35 models.
Instrumentation was different also. The gauges were moved from the center of dash to the left side, in front of the driver, on U.S. models. Perhaps they were moved to the right side on export trucks with R.H. driving controls.
A glove box was added for the first time in 1936. Also, the gauge color changed from white on black, to cream color with black graphics.
The front fenders are unique to 1936 trucks with the obvious addition of the "skirt" behind the wheel opening. They are also shaped differently at the front where they attach to the apron below the grille.
The grille and apron are changed from those used for '34/'35. The early grill had no chrome and featured the use of the Vee shaped enameled emblem from the 1933 Passenger models, set into the shell, above the screen. 1936 trucks featured a chrome screen and a chromed portion of the shell to simulate a surround ring around the screen. The emblem was the '34/'35 Passenger emblem with red (instead of cream color) background.
The hood is also a 1936, truck only, item, with horizontal louvres, instead of the vertical ones seen on the '34/'35 trucks.
I believe the hoods will interchange, without modification, as I have seen many trucks with the wrong hood.
As for the Bin, which we would call the Bed or Box, they are all the same and nothing like the one in your photo. Rear fenders are the same for all three years.

I hope this is helpful

Mike

ml.russell1936@gmail.com

Many miles of happy motoring
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thank you so much Mike, appreciate all the information 😬👍🏻

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.