Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Any advice on adding a temp gauge to a 28 motor? I’m building a speedster and would like to have a gauge instead of trying to see a moto meter?

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Lou Offline
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
. You can use a bourdon tube or electric gauge. The sender should go in the block but it's not a good idea to drill and tap a hole in a 28 water jacket so place the sender in the upper radiator hose. You have to buy the right length tube with a bourdon tube gauge. (That copper wire is really a capillary tube so you can't cut it and twist it together.) (See following web page for more info: <http://home.znet.com/r1937/Temp.htm>). .
. Most electric gauges are 12 volt but do have a wire connection.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
From what I know of the 28 engines, I would put the temp gauge sender in the thermostat housing before the thermostat. If you use a new style pellet thermostat instead of the original bellows type, there should be adequate room for it.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.