Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
how do I remove the headlight bezel to change the bulb, there no screws holding it on , I was able to turn it counter clockwise about a quarter inch and I can not get it to come off do I keep trying maybe stuck on the paint.....

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
You are correct that you need to rotate the nickel plated ring. There are small spring steel clips in the steel bucket that help the ring not to rotate. I can take a picture of a spare bucket if needed.

Chris
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
A picture would be great, I am helping out my cousin with this project, he is getting it it ready for the Midlle West Meet in Greenbay on June 12, 2023
We aren’t very informed on 23 chevs he does have a 25 but somethings are different even though they are similar in many ways. Appreciate you sharing. Thanks

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Smokeman if your lights have an outer ring like this just turn the ring about an inch counter clockwise and pull forward. The clips in the outer ring lock in behind the 4 spring clips. Hope this helps.

Attached Images
0a1.jpg 0a2.jpg 0a3.jpg

Steve
'25 Superior "K", '79 Corvette , '72 Corvette LT-1 & 1965 Corvette Coupe
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
SSG26K those pictures explain everything. I can see that I did not turn the outer ring far enough clockwise. thanks much

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.