Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
tlg Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
My 37 Master Deluxe 2 door Sedan only had one arm rest when I acquired it. I had thought the deluxe would have come with a pair but there are no obvious holes in the passenger door panel. Attached are photos of my arm rest and a couple I found for sale but are out of stock. The reproductions seem to have a silver decorative band.

My plan was to keep my original arm rest as it is and source a pair of real or repro ones that I could get covered with mohair.
- Should mine have had a band?
- Did the deluxe come with one or two?
- What does the arm rest(s) look like on your vehicle?

Thanks

Terry
vcca#58150

Attached Images
IMG_8755 (2).JPG IMG_8748 (2).JPG ebay armrest.jpg fillingstation.jpg
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hello Terry ...
My '37 Town Sedan Master Deluxe arm rest looks like your two photos on the left.
My car came with only the driver side arm rest. During the restoration I purchased a repo rest for the passenger side.
I believe the passenger side arm rest may have been a dealer installed item or may have been an option from the factory.
For the passenger door I bought the bracket and sponge and I had to replace the driver side sponge.
You mention 'no obvious holes in the passenger door panel' ... are you looking only at the cloth panel?
If you remove the cloth panel, I bet you will find the brackets for the arm rest on the door.
One draw back on the repo I bought ... the screw holes that hold the bottom portion of the rest are metric (your left center photo).
The person who did my upholstery did a very nice job installing the new cloth on both arm rests.
Hope this helps
rgds, jim p VCCA 51601

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
the Master deluxe 2 doors did not have a right arm reast. It was spld as an ACCESSOY,
tHE 1937-1939 ARM RESTS ARE BASICALY THE SAME EXCEPT FOR COVER COLORING AD A LITTLE LEATHER trm on the 1939,

Gene Schneider
tlg Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
You mention 'no obvious holes in the passenger door panel' ... are you looking only at the cloth panel?
There are no previous holes in the cloth panel where a passenger arm rest might have been but when I measure the approximate location based on the driver side, I can feel the indentations on the metal underneath.

The metal band on the reproduction arm rests . . . what years and models would that have been for if any?

Terry

Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
My 53 has metal trim while my 38 does not. I put repop arm rests on my 38 years ago that much more closely match the OEM style. I'm not finding similar listed for sale now so the company making them when I bought seems to be no longer making them. You might peruse ebay for originals. Most people wouldn't know the difference if you decide to buy the repops.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.