Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Glad I could help.
And glad it wasn't anything serious!

Ole S Olson
1 member likes this: Primo
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Getting the distributor 1/2 turn out isnt limited to beginners, some very experience mechanics have made the same mistake especially when hurrying to get the car out the door.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
1 member likes this: Primo
Primo Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Originally Posted by tonyw
Getting the distributor 1/2 turn out isnt limited to beginners, some very experience mechanics have made the same mistake especially when hurrying to get the car out the door.
Tony

Thanks! I'm used to tearing vintage V-Twins down and had my head all wrong. I just wasn't thinking about how the straight 6 functioned when attempting to set the distributor. I realize now I had the intake and exhaust valve locations reversed in my mind. When I was watching the valve close on cylinder one I was actually seeing the exhaust stroke. That also means my clearances are all wrong, but since it runs I'll set it the proper way warm. I do appreciate the help from everyone on the board, I'm looking forward to hopefully driving my 1930 to work later this week.

-Primo

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.