Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
While at Hershey, i was having a chat with a gentleman who told me he does interior business with a gentleman who had information on the situation of LBHC. Turned out that vendor was there and I stopped in to inquire. He does business both with SMS and Ecklers so he talks frequently with them. He said originally, SMS had won the bid but that Ecklers came in at the last minute ( which most of us knew) and Ecklers got everything. He was told that everything had been stored in open containers (dumpsters I would guess) and that everything was basically lost to weather or rodent damage. Not sure if this is the case as I spoke with the property manager who took over all the assets originally. He told me everything was in two or three closed containers and I could buy all three for $80k. This was before anyone had filed against LBHC as it was right after they closed. I find it hard to believe valuable assets would have be put in open dumpsters. Now possibly, because the landlord wasn’t going to be the winning bidder and was probably paying for those closed containers, did they empty them into dumpsters? That might be the case. Either way, it appears many valuable parts to our old cars has probably been lost again, even in these modern times where men are supposed to be smarter!

Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Any one have a contact at Ecklers to verify?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 65 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aristech, RalphL, tonysk
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,071
Posts429,057
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.