Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Chip Offline OP
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
I recently bought a paper weight, which is a die cast (pewter?) 1932 Sedan on a plinth with Chevy Bowties and "Chevrolet Motor Company" cast into the base. They were given to dealers back in 1932, maybe as a sales award. These were originally mounted on a piece of hardwood, but mine is no longer mounted It's in beautiful condition, but is missing the hardwood base.

I plan to make a base for it, but I'm hoping one of you will have one with the original base and could send me some measurements and/or photos, so I can make an exact replica. I'm also curious as to what wood was used. I'm guessing mahogany?

Thanks in advance.

All the Best, Chip

"It's wise to choose a SIX"
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
I believe what you have is part of a calendar not a paper weight. It originally had a cover sheet and then individual calendar pages. I included a photo of the calendar without the pages

Attached Images
1932 Calendar.jpg

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Chip Offline OP
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
Thanks, Chipper! That is exactly what I have. I also understand from JYD that there is an article in the December 1985 G&D about this item. Since I don't have the original calendar, I plan to mount it on a nice wooden base and let it adorn my desk.

Thanks again for clearing this up.

All the Best, Chip

"It's wise to choose a SIX"

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.