Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
Welcome to the world of the truly awful and decrepit.

The Concours d'Lemons was conceived to be an antithesis to the Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance. Unlike its prettier and more popular sister event, d’Lemons is all about kitsch, crap, and absurdity. Rust, wood paneling, matte spray paint, faux fur…normally a landfill aesthetic…are all materials that are celebrated here.

The most recent d’Lemons, held last August, was the 10th anniversary, explains Alan Galbraith, who’s known as Head Gasket and calls himself the idiot behind the whole thing. “2009 was our first year, according to the court records and arrest warrants,” he quips.

A fanatic himself, Galbraith had been working Car Week for years before he came up with the idea. “I had done just about everything there is to do, you know, from helping friends with cars to volunteering at the show,” he says. “Finally it just got a little stuffy, and I was looking for a way to let a little bit of air out of that balloon. I started this to feature cars that don’t get featured anyplace else.”

Due to the current health crisis, the show has moved online. For you viewing (and retching) pleasure, here is the web address: https://community.hagerty.com/t5/concours-d-lemons/bd-p/concours-dlemons

Enjoy! Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
Virtually Awful Concours d'Lemons Awards Ceremony Aug. 3, 2020 1pm EST

The judges have cast votes for their favorite hoopties and after quite a bit of gerrymandering and fraud, the results have been tallied. Hopeful by Aug. 3, 2020 at 1 pm EST we will have sobered up enough to report the specious results, if not, it will be even funnier. Here are some highlights of the whole rigged process.

Now all that is left to do is share the results with the world. Tune in at the following link to watch the debacle unfold live: Virtual Awful Concours d'Lemons Award Ceremony Live Stream

Enjoy! Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz

ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
And,,,,,,(drum roll),,, here are the winners (losers) in each of the categories: The worst entries, as per the distinguished (?) Judges

Have your barf bag ready.

;-) Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz

ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
For another giggle, check out the deliberations for the Most Dangerous vehicle entered in the Concours d'Lemons.

Lurch was a contender! ;-) I like the way they all gasped when they saw one of Lurch's 75 year old front tires.

BTW, last year at the Concours d'Lemons near Monterey, Lurch won worst of class for Rust Belt American - GM class. See the photo that shows the Judges as they made their final assessment.

Virtually Awful Concours d'Lemons - Most Dangerous

Definitely having fun! Dean

Attached Images
Lemons-10--JudgeReactions.jpg
Last edited by Rustoholic; 08/10/20 04:27 PM.

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
5 members (Rusty 37 Master, Nick_in_Manitou, kaygee, Peter_Gariepy, 1 invisible), 89 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
SabrinaKarras, Speedy1
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,071
Posts429,077
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.