Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
37Blue Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
A flyer from this years 2019 meet announced that next year will the final year after 30 years. The meet will be March 20 &21, 2020.

Attendance has been diminishing in recent years and it seems even from last year the number of vendors this year was noticeably fewer, as were shoppers. They are hoping to have a large participation next year as a final send off.

More info is available at www.pwsm.com

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
The local restoration shop, Fawcett Motors in Whitby Ont Canada , was in his shop today. I asked him if he is going to CHIC, said just got back, never mentioned its coming to an end. That's a very long drive from Canada to OK. and Peter has been doing it for a long time. As his shop does a lot of very early brass era cars.

Weather and driving conditions always play a big part in attendance for sellers and buyers. My understanding is that this meet is for pre 1916 ? parts and cars. That has to be a seriously shrinking event.

mike lynch

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
The meet is for pre WWII cars and parts. Sad news it is coming to an end.

Jon T.
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
I used to go into Fawcett Motors 40 years ago as a teen sporting a mullet with my gold Pontiac Nova (Ventura) with sidepipes on a six and flames on fenders, and they'd initially give me a funny look but still show me around the shop. The shiny cars in the sales lot didn't do much for me but the dismantled greasy ones did...
Glad they are still operating after all these years.

Think age of owners combined with internet selling would impact how far people would travel for these events. 20+ years ago these events were the only way to communicate with like minded guys and search out parts. These days we can have car buddies and swap parts around the world without leaving the couch. Which I'm glad right now sitting here with a busted leg lol.

1938 Canadian Pontiac Business Coupe (aka a 1938 Chevy Coupe with Pontiac shaped front sheet metal - almost all Chevy!)
1975 4-speed L82 Vette
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Its always an adventure going to Fawcetts never know what kind of cars are there getting restored. Other day they were winding up a 1935 Chevrolet fire engine. Was a very early ford 1905 or so with a 1 of 5 4 cylinder ford race car motor with dual plugs.. Sometimes run into 1931 Cadillac V8 or V12 or an early pierce arrow. Its a small shop and turns out some quality work. They re-did the top of my roadster cowl panel with a new formed top panel. Also re-did the gas tank cover panel and my roadster doors the bottom 6". Sides of the cowl panel are next as I have been able to acquire a pair of used fisher body panels that will be cut to fit. The quarter panels are a complete mess and going to get expensive to repair , but I have full confidence in the shops staffs ability to repair them .

The rumble seat lid will be a shortened and narrowed 33 master 3 window or maybe made from scratch using an English wheel.

Its just money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike lynch

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.