Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
The chart I have for #202 Taupe Metallic lists the wheel color as Sandune Metallic and the striping as Malachite Green, whatever that is.

#197 Navy Blue is listed as wheel color Black and striping Gold Bronze.

But yet another list says for Navy Blue for Masters and Standards, the wheels are Regimental Blue, not Black.

I also found that fenders, taillight, taillight stand, and for a Standard, headlight body were black and were available in body color at extra cost. How common was it for a dealer to have these items black on a 1936 when the body was non-black?

Last edited by leagl; 12/09/16 07:28 PM.
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
The Dupont paont chart (Dupont owned a good share of GM in 1936 and GM used their paints) says for wheel colors, black and Taupe Metallic. Infact all wheel colors mention black for one color because most colors were available on both series. The exception is Willow Green lists just Moritz green or Cream medium for the whells. The Cream medium would be for Masters with wire wheels. and Hollywood Tan Which would have Beaver Brown Deep wheels or Princeton Orange, there the orange wheels would be for wire wheel models. The way I read it those two body colors were available on Masters only.
I have never sen a Standard with black head lights, etc....that sounds like it was ferering to trucks.

In fact 1935 Standards came with all of those parts body color. 1934 was the last year to have black fenders for all models with body colored fenders optional.

Last edited by Chev Nut; 12/09/16 07:46 PM.

Gene Schneider
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
The info about the black fenders came from the latter pages of a 1936 Engineering Features I downloaded from I think the GM Heritage Center. There are several pages that look like they are not part of the original manual, but someone has added. They are referring to cars, not trucks. There's a lot of detailed paint info like how much paint it took for different parts, interior colors, what was chrome or bakelite, body wheel and striping colors, etc. Since it doesn't look like its part of the manual, it may not be accurate. Don't know if this is readable but here's one page:

[Linked Image from i1243.photobucket.com]

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
INTERESTING...sure it never happened.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
After "sleeping" on this one I wonder if this was the specifications for the taxi option when a special color was requested. I have a picture uf 1936 taxi cabs (Masters) and they have black fenders. With the fenders and small hardware being black it save painting a lot of small loose parts at the factory a special color..Perhaps for comercial cars in general.

Gene Schneider
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.