Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Rich47 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic

Does anyone know whom can recreate the dash gauge letters that state fuel, amps ^ etc. It looks like they are etched into the glass and I have the dash out to have the woodgraining done and want to do the lense over also. I also want to ask if anyone has changed the horn wire that runs through the steering column as I must have a bare spot in the wire as the horn will go off at times when I turn the wheel a certain way.Any help is always appreciated.

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
You can get a new guage glass with the lettering already on it from "The Filling Station" or "Chev's of the 40's". Both companies also have the complete horn wire with the insulated contact.

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Hi Rich,

You can try to search our index of past posts for info on your horn wire question. Search using the terms +horn +wire and you should come up with these posts: Horn wire in Steering Column.

To help you get off your steering wheel look below in the Mr. Goodwrench - Technical section of our website in the forum on Upholstery - Interiors & Glass. The topic currently being discussed is Steering Wheel Removal.... All our posts on this topic can be found by doing a Search on +steering +wheel +removal.

The horn wire is part of the assembly called the "Bearing Mast Jacket." It is available from Chevs of the 40's.

Good luck, Mike

Mike 41 Chevy
Rich47 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic

ThANKS FOR THE INFORMATION.

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Any number of instrumentation shops should be able to restore the lens for you. If you are looking to simply purchase a replacement, contact Scott Young.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.