Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
If that overflow tank on ebay was grey, then Im turning to fords talk wink laugh

That is as GREEN as olive drab green can get???

Had no idea this topic would be so frustrating??

Hope the vcca judges are following this one....

"Heaven is Driving my 47"
With that "GOOD GULF" gasoline.
http://www.gulfhistory.org/?
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Sorry fleetmaster47 I did not want to get you frustrated over this.This is a good lesson that if you have a part or accessory on your car and are having it judged have proof with you that it is correct (that it was put on by Chev. or installed by the Chev dealer and is correct for the year the car was manufactored). I have sat thru many judging seminars and this is typical of the discussions you will hear over details.
as far as the color of the eBay tank the vendor told me it was gray when I called him.The center picture did look green on my screen but the entire picture had a green cast to it. Maybe we will meet at Iola this week ...There used to be items like this for sale up but they have become hard to find these days . Remember we may disagree on things but we are all in this hobby to enjoy it this can be typical of discussions that may take place at gatherins but eveyone still departs as friends.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
The judges are watching!!!! wink wink wink wink you six cylinder guys are starting to sound like Vette guys :p But I like it!!! It is good to see research like this being done. Being a V-8 era guy, I am sure there was more than one supplier, so color variation is possible, isn't it :confused: What ever the color is that is used it is the owners job to prove it
John 348/340HP

John

1954 Belair Sport Coupe
1960 2 door Impala Hardtop 348/340HP 4spd
1962 2 door Impala Hardtop 409/409 4spd
1962 2 Door Biscayne Sedan 327/250 Auto
1977 Monza Mirage 305 4 Speed
1988 Celebrity Wagon
2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Diesel
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
John, Guy you kill me! HEY real Vettes ARE SIX CYLINDERS!
HOTH2O6's forever! and HotH2O4's
wink wink wink chevy chevy wink wink wink

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Hey chev nut. Didnt mean to sound negitive.
In fact its about time we get some good discussion on this fourm. we will be leaving for IOLA EARLY friday morning. We always go the full 3 days. got a hotel in appleton for the week end. CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!

Being so so close to each other we should meet up sometime...........

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Well you know we have met many times I am the old part time tool man that stops at Gordie Boucher.
At least we agree on which cars are best.Still waiting to see your 47.Have a good time at Iola-I will be going up on thursday so hope to get the good things before you--if there are any.

Gene Schneider
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
so thats who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember you now. How are you doing???

I must admitt I dont miss working at boucher.

Just some of the people. You will have to say hello to Eddie, and Dale for me next time you see them. Hope you have a good time at iola, and hope to bump into you there.........

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
My first ever AWARD to a threaded discussion!!!! This was outstanding... I hope someone here prints this out and saves it to their scrapbook for future judging discussions. talk

In recognition, I have created a unique, one-of-a-kind picture which symbolizes your walk through the cornfields while reaching for the stars !!! :love: :cool2:

Signed copies will be available for a small handling fee. - not! wink

Again, an outstanding discussion which stayed true to the original query and used a lot of sluthing to get to the salient points of the answer!! Congrats to all who participated!!!!

[Linked Image from vccachat.org]

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Well I"m glad it was a happy ending to a long story. Fleet47,Guess what I found at Iola today?Two tanks--one gray and one green....opps then the alarm went off and it was just a dream
did bring some goodies home and will be back on Fri. for more.Only about 60% of the vendors were there today.

Gene Schneider
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.