Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#290368 09/29/13 10:50 AM
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_current.php

I'm sure that everyone has heard about this auction, the national news had a story about it last night. The amount of money being paid for stuff is really something. It will be interesting what this is going to do to pricing for vehicles for sale in the open market. I realize that a 50 year old vehicle that has never been titled and virtually no miles is a rare item. Many of the cars being sold have been used car inventory and have been sitting out in the weather for many years. I can't imagine that 400-500 cars being sold for top dollar are not going to raise prices in general. The chance of something of this caliber ever happening again is slim no none. I would have liked to see it in person just to say I went. It was said that they have bidders from all 50 states and from 7 foreign countries.

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Lots of cars!!!

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Reminds me of an old saying, Know how to make a million dollars on an antique car collection? Leave a 2 million dollar car collection outside for 30 years.
Too bad that the vehicles were not decently stored!

1936 GMC T-14 low cab. TA for 1935-37 GMC, Director of the Gulf Coast Region

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.