Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#288650 09/07/13 02:18 PM
kevin47 Offline OP
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
Perhaps my "humor" doesn't set well with some...But, my intent was to start a discussion on "sealants" used in the old days...i.e. egg whites & pepper...Before the use or invention "Barr's Leak" and "Alumiseal"...I didn't mean to be offensive...Geez, give ME a break....I'm always mean to be helpful not a clown...Hey, wait a second I am a clown...HahaHa...Perhaps, I'll change my "avatar" to my "clown" photo... laugh

1947 Fleetmaster Sport Coupe VCCA # 47475

If it's not wearing a Bowtie...It's not properly dressed...!
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
I've gotta admit that I was enjoying the conversation. Apparently someone else didn't and they got the Moderator to pull the plug.

That's a good example of why I have grown to be very tolerant of Chat postings over the past 12 years. I don't regret taking too long to close a discussion -- but I have regretted closing one too quickly.

doh

--Bill B

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
A very small bit of paper in the radiator may not present a problem. None in there is better than some.

Although the paper may break down into tiny bits, it can still help stop up a few flues. Especially those flues that already have limited capacity and thus make them even more inefficient. While the radiators are designed to have extra cooling capacity, why take a chance of limiting such over-capacity? Especially when it's an easy matter to take care of, i.e., fishing and reverse flushing. Read on.

I had the paper of a worn out radiator cap get into mine some time back and I knew it wasn't a good thing. I fished out what I could and then reverse flushed the radiator to get the rest out. I don't like anything in the radiator that's not designed to be in there. Accordingly, I recommend that any paper and such be removed as soon as practical.

Charlie computer

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.