Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tims37 Offline OP
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750

Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Sounds wonderful, they are considering making a 6-volt version if there is enough interest. Please see their site and let them know. I would love to have one 6-volt!

see this li
nk:

http://rediscoveradio.com/RR6Volt.html

1951 Chevrolet Fleetline Deluxe
1972 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Convertible
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
I’d suggest anyone interested in a 6v version of this to fill out the short questioner that they have on their site to help generate interest in producing it.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Denny I just filled out the form.

Looking forward to getting more info on the 6 volt version.

MY 41 has the stock 9 tube, short wave/am radio. I love the radio. But in Los Angeles there are No AM music stations.

Hopefully this product would let me listen to some "old" music while tooling down the road with out any noticeable modifications.

Thanks for the heads up.
Michael41

Last edited by mike41; 11/20/08 11:27 AM.
Tims37 Offline OP
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750
Just got this email looks like he has got em ready to go.

Hello and Season's Greetings!

First off, thanks for your patience. Although we had sincerely hoped to have the 6 volt RediRad available to you by yesterday (December 26th, 2008), it just wasn't possible. Please excuse the delay. ...thing is, we want to make sure that the product meets our expectations which we hope, in turn, will exceed YOURS!

With that said, the 6 volt RediRad (model number RR106N or RR106P for negative or positive ground, respectively) will be ready to ship on January 15th, 2009 (or sooner!) at $149 plus $5 shipping (WI residents add 5.1% sales tax). Multiple-unit discounts are available, too... please reply to this message or call. In case you know someone in the business, Dealer programs also available, please call us to discuss... 877 223 0203.

If you would like to pre-order one (or more) BEFORE 15 JAN 09, you can do so in two ways:

1) Personal check or money order by mail, payable to BREW CITY ENGINEERING:

Brew City Engineering
PO Box 180095
Delafield, WI 53018

2) Credit Card by phone: 877 223 0203 between 9AM and 6PM Central Time Monday thru Saturday. Actually, you can call anytime but the phones aren't manned after hours... leave a message with your name and phone number and we'll call you back within 48 hours.

NOTE: ORDERING A 6V REDIRAD SECURELY ONLINE WILL BE AVAILABLE BY 15 JAN 09.

Last thing: If you have other friends in car clubs or in online forums who might also be interested in this, please feel free to forward it. I posted a demonstration video of the RediRad; if you would like to see the 12V version in action, click here:

Thanks very much for reading this,and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Respectfully,
~Matt Planning
RediRad Inventor.

Tims37 Offline OP
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Well, it's still a little pricey, which gives me cause to hesitate, but I think I'm gonna save up my allowance and order one. For the last few years, even before I saw this item, I've been thinking that it would be nice if there were a way to play other media through the factory stock radio. Back in the day before FM became so popular we had those FM converters, they were kind of a pain in the ars. But with the technology we have today the new units are tiny and a much easier to hide or simply pop out when you’re not using them. From the looks of this unit you can play just about any audio media through it simply by plugging it in. With satellite radio, and all of the new media players like iPod with it’s half dozen audio file inputs, players using USB input, the soon to be obsolete CD’s this means the choices are durn near unlimited.
I did ad a Sony AM/FM/Player to my 1950 pickup last summer so I would have some variety. It’s a lot more enjoyable when you go out for a cruise to be able to listen to some big band or early rock and roll. Holding to my vow to "First, Do No Harm", I didn't have to drill any new holes. I mounted a voltage booster on a small panel using an existing hole in the steering bracket behind the instruments. I made up a mounting plate that uses the two lower mounting screws for the original radio. The Sony just clips into the lugs on the plate. I mounted the 4x10 inch speakers in the bottom of the door on a spare set of inspection plates. If I were to show the truck, (which is a loooong way off) all I have to do is give the radio a tug and its out and swap out the inspection plates, (10 scews) and everything is back to stock, which takes about a minute or two. But I can't play it through the stock radio, which I wanted to do from the beginning. A nice thing about the Sony unit is you can plug a thumb drive into it with mp3 files on it. So I can program my listening pleasure for my trips right from my computer and store 50 hours worth of music or old radio shows on a thumb drive no bigger than a stick of gum.
Now, if this guy with the Redi-Radio could bring the price down under $100 I think he could put one of these in just about every old car out there that has a stock radio.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Tims37 Offline OP
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750
Well I think he would give us a little discount if maybe a bunch of us from here got together and placed an order with him. Would anybody here be interested? I could email him and ask him how much of a discount we could get with a bulk order.

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Not gonna commit to it Tim, I'm on a fixed income which taint to much, but I would be interested in finding out at what point he might give a cut to see if it falls within the budget.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
They will soon be ready:
First off, thanks for your patience. Although we had sincerely hoped to have the 6 volt RediRad available to you by yesterday (December 26th, 2008), it just wasn't possible. Please excuse the delay. ...thing is, we want to make sure that the product meets our expectations which we hope, in turn, will exceed YOURS! With that said, the 6 volt RediRad (model number RR106N or RR106P for negative or positive ground, respectively) will be ready to ship on January 15th, 2009 (or sooner!)

I have now heard back from the Gentleman at BREW CITY ENGINEERING in regards to the RediRad. I inquired about a group discount.

http://rediscoveradio.com/RR6Volt.html

He has agreed to do a group discount for us here and at www.chevytalk.com

He asked that I determine how many are interested to give us a price. Please PM me your interest and contact info.

tha
nks

Tims37 Offline OP
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750
PM sent

Tims37 Offline OP
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I also sent a PM as i received the e-mail on these and want some for my cars. manwre

Chuck the heatingman
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Well at that price I'll take one meself. How we goona get at least five of us together and handle the payout and shipping???
They are small enough that they could be shipped USPS probably cheapest.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I have finalized a group discount, PM me ASAP for the details.

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
PM sent!!

"Take a stand and make a mark" Gilbert Kent
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I have submitted the order with everyones info that I have at this point, [color:#CC0000]if anyone else is interested you have till Monday to get me your info.

thanks,
Dar[/color]ren

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
The discount shows only for a 6V. Is it the same for 12V models? Or is it different? I would be interested in one for my 72 Chevy PU that has an AM radio in it. Thanks for the information.

Sal Orlando
Chat Group Region Member
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Hi Darren,

Got my Redi Rad today. Looks very good with a nice owner's manual. Hope it works as good as it looks.

Now, all I need is the other doohicky device that stores the music. Baby steps. Thanks for working out the details for a very smooth transaction.

Roger

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
no problem, I've received mine also. hope to try it out this weekend weather permitting.

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Why do they come out with such neat stuff after I converted all my 6 volt vehicles to 12 volt,I now have modern stereos in them and burn my own CDs on mp3 format. I will have to remember this if I get another 6 volt vehicle,my cost for the stereos is less then what they are asking for their product but it would be nice to use the original radio.

VCCA #45194
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
And it works well too! dance

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Got my RediRad installed in my '66 Chev. Once I figured how to get the side covers off so that I could get to the back of the radio, things speeded up considerably.

Pulled out the antenna, plugged in the pigtail from the RediRad. Plugged the antenna into the other pigtail. Attached ground to the radio (not many good grounds available on a Corvette), and then spent the next TWO nights hooking up the 12volt line!!! willy curse

I first tried to run the wire over to the fuse block and tap into one of the unused pins.... turns out I only had ONE unused pin... But then I discovered that it was HOT all the time!!! Ouch. Didn't want that - a constant drain on the battery. So I gave up that night.

Next night tried to attached it in conjunction with another plug but it wasn't very secure. Finally gave up and went back over to the radio hot wire, where I used a blue SPLICE connector. The same one that you use when attaching trailer lights to your brake wiring. Worked good.

Next -- the smoke test!! The IPod that I was using kept cutting in and out... It would work for 5 seconds, then shift back to the radio. I know that it was a low volume "thing" since I had read the full instructions last month!!! Agrinyipp

But I couldn't "find" the volume control on the IPOD. I keep setting the "max volume" and that wasn't it. Finally I broke down and asked my daughter about it. As I was handing the IPod to her, I turned it slightly and the display rotated. (Hopefully you know what I mean.) With it rotated, there was a volume slider along the bottom of the screeen!!!!!!!!! Dang it.

Anyway, it was there all along, but I was always trying to adjust it in landscape mode, when you needed to have it in portrait mode. Once I saw that, I raised the volume and BINGO it worked great!

Went on a 50 mile tour to a shop about 30 miles from us (we got lost). mad Used it the entire two hours that we were driving and it worked flawlessly. There is ABSOLUTELY NO interference from any other radio stations. And the signal stayed strongly on the 1000 MHZ frequency and didn't wander.

I am very happy with this device. Now I have the music that I want then I'm crusing in my Chev-ro-lay!!! yipp

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Great news Bill, I've been looking at these for a while and they are now available in 6 Volt.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, my 2 nephew's came over 3a few weeks ago and set up my new TV, surround sound, CD and Bose system. Then programed one remote to take the place of 4. Bless the young.

Thanks for the review,
Michael41

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Glad to hear everyone is happy with their RediRads, I was a bit worried being the "contact guy" when getting the group discount order together, considering I didnt even know how well it worked yet. chevy

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Mornin’ Darrin, hey, I for one appreciate all the chasing that you did. It was your pushing that got them to bring about the 6v version a little quicker and bring the price down a few bucks.
I wonder if anyone bothered reading all that we posted on this subject a month ago???
Thanks
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
It took me a while to have a nice enough day to install the redi-rad 6 volt,but,once it was installed.....the sound of period correct music and commercials-I added a few radio commercials in the mix..what a great way to enjoy the old tube radio!! If you are familiar with an Ipod or mp3 player,do yourself a favor and get one of these units-highly recommended!! Thanks again Dr Scotti for bringing this device to our attention in the first place!!

"Take a stand and make a mark" Gilbert Kent
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.