Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The bushing should be oilite or other similar prelubed material. Do not use plain bronze bushing as it will not retain oil and provide long term lubrication. The loctite should not be necessary but is an option. Make sure to soak the bushing in oil and then clean the outside very well before installing. If there is an oil film on the outside of the bushing or the crankshaft bore then the loctite will not be effective.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Chipper,

I got the bushing from the Filling Station so I hope it is an oilite. I'm going to start soaking the bushing after I leave here. Within a couple of days I'll dry off the outside of it and
loctite it in with a small dab.

Thanks everybody your help is much appreciated! ok Bob

Capt. Harley
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
hey harley
i`m glad that pressure plate i sold you is working out.
i just moved my 30 into my garage last weekend. we moved my friends 48 stylemaster into his garage where my 30 sat all winter. work on the 48 is on going. we sand blasted the whole body last week after i moved my 30 out. now welding up the 48.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.