VCCA Home
Posted By: 6wheel 41 steering column - 02/03/12 02:08 AM
Anybody know the name (and paint code) of the color on the steering column of my '41 special deluxe coupe? It is a tan color, and I assume it is a factory color. Whoever restored my car painted the column inside the car, but failed to paint it under the hoood. Any help would be appreciated.
Sid
Posted By: 6wheel Re: 41 steering column - 02/03/12 02:23 PM
Since posting this topic I remembered the paint chips at Auto Color Library. The color chip that most closely matches is Santone Poly. Does anyone know if this was a color used on steering columns and interiors in 1941? I've owned two 1941 Chevrolets, and both had a cream or tan color for the interior trim. Was that true for all 41's, or were some interiors painted other colors?
Thanks,
Sid
Posted By: Chev Nut Re: 41 steering column - 02/03/12 04:32 PM
All Special Deluxe models had the rose/biege color. I believe that paint is available from either Chevs of the '40's or the Filling Station.
The Master Deluxe had a tan color or could be called a very light brown.....like milk choclate
Posted By: 6wheel Re: 41 steering column - 02/03/12 04:58 PM
Thanks Chev Nut, that's easy enough. I found the paint in Chevs of the 40's catalogue and will order it.
Sid
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum