Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Clement
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by CraigV
CraigV
I believe I have a front grille on my ‘38 buisness coupe that strongly resembles the factory grille. I want to make it look like it did when it rolled off the assembly line. I know the top center badge it displayed “Chevrolet “ was painted. What I am unclear about is if there were color stripes on other areas of the grille. Maybe some of the horizontal bars?

Could someone post a picture of a factory correct looking grill so I have a guide to reference?

Thanks!

Craig
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Lou
Lou
. This is a picture of a truck grille but stripes are same as passenger car. . You can pay to have a pin striper do a nice job or get some tape and nail polish and do it at a car show. Caution: Nail polish is lacquer paint but it is not UV resistance and needs to be restriped every few years. . The emblem should also be painted but that is beyond my talent.
. . Lou .
PS: I paid a professional to pin stripe the Gigalo Green along my body belt. .
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.