Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
CraigV Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I believe I have a front grille on my ‘38 buisness coupe that strongly resembles the factory grille. I want to make it look like it did when it rolled off the assembly line. I know the top center badge it displayed “Chevrolet “ was painted. What I am unclear about is if there were color stripes on other areas of the grille. Maybe some of the horizontal bars?

Could someone post a picture of a factory correct looking grill so I have a guide to reference?

Thanks!

Craig

Attached Images
IMG_6994.jpeg
Lou Offline
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
. This is a picture of a truck grille but stripes are same as passenger car. . You can pay to have a pin striper do a nice job or get some tape and nail polish and do it at a car show. Caution: Nail polish is lacquer paint but it is not UV resistance and needs to be restriped every few years. . The emblem should also be painted but that is beyond my talent.
. . Lou .
PS: I paid a professional to pin stripe the Gigalo Green along my body belt. .

Attached Images
1137 rf .jpg 1136 stripe .jpg
1 member likes this: Clement
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Below are pictures of my 38 pre and post restoration. The pre pictures shows traces of the original paint which I duplicated and shows in the other pic. Be sure to etch the surface where you're going to put the paint or it won't stick. Also I'm not being critical but it's not necessary to say "front" grill. There's only one grill on a 38 Chevy and it's on the front. It's kind of like when people say 'front' headlights or 'rear' tail lights. Where else would they be? laugh

Attached Images
IMG_0160.jpg IMG_0578.jpg Img_0752.jpg
Last edited by Tiny; 11/05/23 09:11 AM.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.