Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
I can appriciate those who go to through the trouble to have every part as original but keep the judges away from my 37 p/u,I used what ever part I could find to get it back on the road again from a 57 motor to the 41 bellhousing and clutch parts along with the 38 trans and rearend. I used parts that were taken out of trucks that were made into streetrods to keep the cost down as some parts were free just to get them out of the way,there was not too much left of my truck when I got it just a frame with the cab and hood and grille shell. It would be a judges nightmare since with all the previous mentioned parts it has fiberglass fenders and running boards plus a reproduction bed,it may not be totally original and could never be shown with the totally originals but it got saved and not scrapped and I enjoy driving it. Jeff

VCCA #45194
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
The majority of folks never have their vehicles judged for many reasons.You should just be proud that you saved it from recycling.I am sure that you will enjoy it for years to come.If or when you would display it would be nice to have some before and after pictures available..

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
I have never taken it to any show that the vehicles were judged due to all the wrong parts on it and if there ever was a VCCA event near me I might enter it in a show only class if there is one,it looks like a original 37 p/u and thats good enough to me. Jef

VCCA #45194
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Hey Jeff,

Most judged shows I'm aware of (whether VCCA or not) have "for display only" cars mingled right in amongst the "judged" cars. From what I understand by your writing, I'm sure most folks at any show where your p/u might be would never know what's original and what isn't.

I echo your sentiments (and Gene's also) about using your p/u and enjoying it. As far as I know that's what most guys do. For instance, we've seen recent threads here in Chevy Chat about the limited number of judged vehicles at VCCA meets lately. For many folks judging is just too much of a hassle.

Have fun with your 37.... auto yipp

Bill.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Jeff:
Judging isn't really that important! Using the truck & having fun with it - "Wearing it out before it rusts out" IS important, EH! If you want to see a really nice little Pickup, check out the July, 2007 issue of Classic Truck magazine.

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
I agree with ThomasT, wear it out before it rusts out.

I bought my 26 to enjoy. It looks more like a 27 then a 26. Even if it was near perfect, I'm a poor man in a rich mans hobby. I could never afford to get it to the point where it would hold it's own in a judged competition. I'll make it look as good as possible, keep as close to the theme of a 26 or 27 as I possibly can, and I'll enjoy it driving it.

Bill
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
I appreciate vehicles like yours, which is also the type we have. The "trailer queens" that never roll anywhere, except into and out of the trailers, might look great but there really isn't any of the fun experienced in actually driving them. And, judging them with the same criteria as a vehicle that is actually driven is not an even playing field.

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Lets not get on the trailer queen subject again...Oscar bigl bigl bigl

OSCAR ALBRETSEN
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
No need to get on any trailer queen subject again. There are plenty of other clubs that appreciate having members who own "every day drivers". That's why we belong to several clubs.

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
I just drove my 53 truck to a show in Chico area and that was 350 miles. I had the time of my life. I never heard so much horn blowing and thumbs up...Oscar ok ok auto

OSCAR ALBRETSEN
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
79Camaro, have you joined the Wisconsin region in your area yet? I am sure they go on plenty of tours throughout the summer. They are also a blast and you get to meet great people...Oscar :cool2: yipp yay

OSCAR ALBRETSEN

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.