Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Does anyone no of a vender that has factory Chevy bolts for my 51 Chevy

51 [3100] Deluxe 5 window
Four generations and still not for sale

David
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Which ones are you looking for? The clutch heads or regular cap screws?

Bob

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Not sure what you mean by cap screws. But was wondering if any of the factory looking body bolts are still available.

51 [3100] Deluxe 5 window
Four generations and still not for sale

David
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I guess I should of said hex bolts. Old habit.

Anyways if you're looking for clutch heads, most of the common ones are available from various vendors, both Chevy parts suppliers and restoration hardware suppliers.
If you're looking for hex bolts with the correct foundry marks, the only place I know of to find them is to take them off original vehicles. On my '51, the majority were marked TR or R on the head. A few had WB and there were a few with no markings. You can usually tell an original nut or bolt from a later replacement, the bolt head or nut is "thicker" than what you'll find at a hardware store today, if that makes any sense. I can't recall the foundries with those markings off the top of my head, perhaps someone will chime in.
If you're just looking for the correct size and length, let me know what you need. I replated and black oxided all my original bolts, and I've got them bagged and ready to start reassembly here as soon as the weather breaks.

Bob

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.