Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#88430 11/02/06 04:11 PM
Beamer Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,500
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,500
luv2 I am expressing what I feel being a member of this club is all about. A short time ago, I posted a thread in the '37-'42 area as well as in the Electrical - 6V area wherein I asked for help with a headlight switch. I received many replies and am thankful for the help. There are lots of members who not only answer inquiries via this venue but also go out of their way to help in other ways. Chevgene has mailed me several photos and fact sheets that have helped immensely. Yesterday, I visited a friend in Rochester who read my posting and offered to help. I went to his house and he made numerous copies of electrically related diagrams, etc. On top of that he gave me a headlight switch. I try to return this generosity whenever I am able. One time I mailed a master cylinder with pedals attached to another member and only asked for postage which was somewhere around $12.00. On the other hand, there is someone on ebay selling a radio faceplate who wants $8.50 for postage!! It must be made out of lead. I thank all those who offer their help and generosity to other members. This helps keep our hobby more enjoyable and easier to manage. Just wanted to get this off my chest. Stuart (Beamer)

Chat Region Member
2017 GMC Canyon
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

#88431 11/02/06 08:43 PM
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
I agree with what you said Beamer and IMHO Chatter and its' members have helped more Chevy people in less time and with less hassle than anything else I have ever seen in the car hobby.

People are like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get...
#88432 11/02/06 08:49 PM
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Couldent agree more. Here's my 2 cents from another thread:

Just to be sure I'm clear here, over the past few nights I have been rereading all the helpful, skilled and generous advice I have received from so many VCCA members. All 150 pages of advice.

Now on one hand it's just Chevy folks helping chevy folks.

On the other hand, it's generosity, assistance, thoughtful expression and unselfish helpfulness.

But regardless of what you label it, I am greatly appreciative of all the helpful comments and advice. I'm sure it will come in handy for many years.

Be well & remember, there's no such thing as to much fun.
Michael41

#88433 11/02/06 10:57 PM
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
I agree. These folks are the greatest. I can only hope to be able to give back as much as I have been given. And........it's fun doing it!!!

ken48
VCCA 42589

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.