Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
The problem I have is trying to make all the different events. Never a dull moment. Just when you get on a roll you have to stop and eat again. Activities have been great. To me, the only down side is the hot weather.

As mentioned, we climb the mountain today. So far, the 33 Eagle has performed flawlessly. Hate to see the final day approaching.

Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Bill,
Great pictures!! I was sorry I could not be there. Maybe the next one in 2011.
However I will be at the National Meet in NJ next month. I am looking forward to seeing my Chevy friends.

1972 Monte Carlo
VCCA Senior
AACA Grand National
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Bill,
Tremendous pictures of tremendous cars. Thanks from all of us who couldn't be there. Continue having a great time.

ken48
VCCA 42589

RGwiz Offline OP
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
Outstanding cars! Thanks for the pictures Bill.
Hey Mr.Mack C. how is it going at that Chatter table?
RayG

Chat Group Chapter Member
Current rides;
1968 Camaro rs/SS 350 4spd
2000 Blazer LT
2005 Malibu Maxx
2007 Acura TDX
Last total restoration;
1932 Sport Coupe
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Thanks for the pics Bill, really liked the pics of the tools. Have a safe trip home, Thanks again.

People are like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get...
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
just a line to say thanks for the pictures for those who could not be there from the sunshine state wish you all a safe trip back home smitty

smitty
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Hey Billy Boy Barker! Thanks for keeping us updated as to what is going on at the Anniversary Meet via your photos.

yipp dance yay wink laugh

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
I got another call today (Friday) from PDX Joe who's from Portland, OR (Columbia River Region). Joe had called last Sunday to report he had made it to GJ without any problems.

He said cars at the Wednesday judging looked very nice. The cars to be judged were in the center of the field. They were surrounded, so to speak, by the cars that weren't to be judged. Just sort of on display. His comment about the estimated 500 cars, "gorgeous, just gorgeous cars!"

Thursday was the big Grand Mesa Tour. Altitude nearly 11k feet. I think he said 10,974. He indicated it was "raining like he!l up at the top." Apparently the clouds and rain prevented them from seeing much even tho they were 11,000 feet up. The tour was about 136 miles.

Friday morning when he called he indicated the weather was muggy and cloudy. He was interested to learn about the judging results at the banquet that evening.

All-in-all he indicated he was having a great time. No problems with his '55 Bel Air 2 dr post (October, 2005 G and D front cover) and visiting with lots of VCCA folks.

Bill.

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Yes!

Yes!

Thnx to Bossman Bill Barker for posting so many great pix from the meet!

yipp

Bill.

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
This is old news,. several hours old

Donald Boltz's 1932 Chevrolet coupe took first place six cylinder car at the 45th Anniversary Meet in Grand Junction.

Congratulation or words to to that effect CHEVY!

yipp yipp :cool2: :) ok

RGwiz Offline OP
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
Way to go Donald!
I wonder if Billy Boy can tell us which pics are Donald's Coupe.

Chat Group Chapter Member
Current rides;
1968 Camaro rs/SS 350 4spd
2000 Blazer LT
2005 Malibu Maxx
2007 Acura TDX
Last total restoration;
1932 Sport Coupe
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
I'll upload more tonight.. we just arrived in Boise.. need to go eat first!!

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Great pictures Bill. Really appreciate the time taken to make us really wish we where there.LOL. Boy sure are alot of great looking Chevys. Thanks Bill. Cheers!!!! ok

'46 Fleetline Aerosedan
Most southernest vintage Chevy owner in Canada.
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Howdy... I need to back up for a bit... the pictures that i wanted to add are on my wife's camera...and I don't have a way to transfer those here in the motel. If I get time to buy a device tomorrow, then I'll upload tomorrow night from Clarkston, Washington. otherwise it'll have to wait until we get home the following day in Seattle.

It was 99 degrees for a l-o-n-g way today as we traveled through Boise... Finally hit 100 degrees for a while just before we got to the hotel.

Two more days and we'll be home. Sure was a great Meet!! Even the Banquet went very, very well with all of the speeches and awards that were given. Liz and the team did a fantastic job organizing the layout, banners, decorations, table items and cars on display. It was very professionally done... Kudo's to them all.

Bill Barker
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
What can you say about the Chatter table and its efforts and the reception it got.

People are like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get...
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
This was my first VCCA national event. And the event, the cars, the people, food, weather, the area, the drives, tours etc. etc. etc., were just great! Couldn't have been better.

Lots of fabulous cars, lots of fun and interesting people and a very memorable and enjoyable time.

I want to openly THANK the BOD, committee members, volunteers, judges and every one who made the event possible. And a special thanks to Bill Barker for all of his help!!

It was a pleasure for me to be part of the 45 th. Anniversary meet. You All Did A Great Job. Congratulations!!!! laugh laugh

I may be able to post some car pics in a few days. Once I uncover my camera from the stacks of mail, return call messages and "stuff" on my desk.

I hope everyone had a safe & fun drive home and thanks once more to every member for making the event special. :) cool

Michael Welch

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Actually, Don Boltz's '32 received a "Best of Show - Six Cylinder" and a pretty thing it is. Don's car is the dark Red 1932 5 Window Coupe shown in Bill's photo line up. This vehicle appears flawless as did all of the Best of Show winners.

Best of Show - Four Cylinder, went to a 1920 FB
40 Four Door Sedan owned by Jim Hickman from Indiana.

Best of Show - V 8 went to the Yellow 1958 Corvette Roadster shown in Bill's Photo gallery and belongs to Don Harbron from Michigan.

Best of Show - Commercial was awarded to a 1937 1/2 ton pickup. I believe the owner to be Greg Wheelock from Minnesota. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Oldie, the only thing that wasn't flawless in Donald's car was him and he always had a big smiley face on!

The cars were very well prepared, and they also ran well on the tours, with only one car on The Grand Mesa tour that had to complete the tour with a trailer ride and it was a 51 (a PG with a bad starter cable terminal) it was going uphill and couldn't be trusted for a push start. All the old "square cars" chugged right along, with the slick streamlined jobs and a few moderns.

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
There's a lot to be said for driving a car to the meet. Around the motels we readily saw familiar and unfamiliar cars and that led to meeting great folks and seeing some very nice cars. And, at the restaurants, too. My '55 235 never missed a beat in the 2800 miles and almost 11000 ft and temps around 100. I had forgotten how well the 2 great vents in the older cars worked and the vent wings, too. While we were moving, the heat really wasn't bad, but when we stopped, getting back in the car wasn't pleasant. But just cranked the vent windows around and it was bearable in a few seconds..Grand Junction and its surrounding areas were great to tour - even a great car museum about 50 miles south. Went to a band concert at Fruita. Real music and more important, REAL people attending..We had a great time
like every other anniversary meet since '76.

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
I have been to several Natn`l Meets, but this is the first Anniversary Meet I have attended. In my opinion it was outstanding. All of the people who were responsible for organizing this event are to be congratulated for a job well done. I also attended the Middle West Meet on Sunday night, the banquet was well attended and many friendships were renewed. Some of the people that come to mind that need some attaboys are; Bill Bradford, Chip Sweet, MrMack Courtney, Bill Mancuso, Joe Smith, Tim & Karanel Larson, Nick Matlaga, Michael Welch and all the judges and those I can`t think of that contributed. The entire week I was there I did not hear one negative comment except my own, and that was because they did not draw my name for the $4000 raffle.

Four doors are great

Hoppy
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
I am not ready for another one for a few weeks, but in five years ...Here I come.. ready or not, Lord willing, that is.

One thing that I regret is that we didn't have the Chat table better organized with scheduled workers in attendance and that we would have had more time to promote the site, That is my regret..... Maybe next time we can get a early jump start and do much better.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Billy Boy BaRRker, is there a way we can view those pictures in a slide show type viewing? Just asking,
The pictures I have seen are great! it is a shame that one can't take in every event for the meet.

Maybe you could produce a DVD, and make a couple of bucks? or tell us how to download several photos at a time?

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
At previous Anniversary Meets, there was always an official video of the event made, and then offered for sale in the G&D. I asked several people, but no one seemed to be aware of this being done at Grand Junction, which is a shame.

I thought about some Cecil B DeMille type gathering up several videos that people took on their own camcorders, and splicing something together, that we could all get a copy of.

Anybody feel inspired, and have the technology to pull that off? I'd buy one.

Chevy Guru
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Don,
I know that Karla Evans was taping the award photo presentation at the banquet. Maybe she and others have video that you can use. Bill D.'s brother took video at the last two meets but understand did not at this one.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
A different way to look at the photos.
CLick here
http://vcca.org/photos/2006AnnivMeetGJCO/45th-photos.htm

Bill Barker
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.