Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#85552 01/27/06 02:05 PM
Tiny Offline OP
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
OP Offline
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
George W Bush's domestic spying program has been upgraded. The FBI and other agencies now have an improved way to monitor your internet traffic. Click the link below for more information:
http://users.chartertn.net/tonytemplin/FBI_eyes/

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
togo

(.)(.) ( Y ) (.)(.) ( Y ) (.)(.) ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
If we could vote on whether we want this or not, I think the "eyes" (ayes) would win. bigl

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Tiny, You hit the jackpot with this one!

Its the best I've seen in a while.

JOHN GILL
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Well of course "it" would pass.

"We" should be listening in on phone calls those folks place out of this country to the middle-east area.

Whose rights are you talking about?? The folks who were on the south end of Manhattan 4 1/2 yrs ago no longer have their rights.......

Bill.

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
I sure hope that the parts vendors don't furnish the state with names and addresses!

Chat Group Chapter Member
Current rides;
1968 Camaro rs/SS 350 4spd
2000 Blazer LT
2005 Malibu Maxx
2007 Acura TDX
Last total restoration;
1932 Sport Coupe
Tiny Offline OP
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
OP Offline
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Originally posted by 42bill:
Well of course "it" would pass.

"We" should be listening in on phone calls those folks place out of this country to the middle-east area.

Whose rights are you talking about?? The folks who were on the south end of Manhattan 4 1/2 yrs ago no longer have their rights.......

Bill.
On that, in essence, I agree. Having said that however I don't see why it's too much trouble to present your case to a judge to make the surveillance legal. I have a real problem with ANYONE having the right to monitor me without having to provide justification. If we are so afraid of these bozos that we are willing to give up our fundamental right to privacy then it's over! They've won! I cannot, I will not accept that!
Point two. Let's say you sell a antique Afghan persian rug on eBay for $10K. The Fed's bots pick up on the word Afghan and some snot nose career snoop wanting to make a name for himself keeps track to see if you pay income tax on the $10K. While he's monitoring your eBay sales he watches you sell some old Chevy parts for a few $K more. Brother, your tit is in a wringer with the IRS then. I don't want ANYONE to have that power at their disposal.
Point three. Don't say it's a time issue where the info may be lost if surveilance isn't done. A special court was set up in 1978 to approve emergency eavesdropping in just minutes. The 1978 legislation even allows for eavesdropping first with the justification presented to the court after the fact. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10536559/site/newsweek/
Time is not an issue.
There simply is no valid reason for unreviewed, eavesdropping on American citizens! I'm in there with Ben Franklin. I'm not willing to give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety. I'm not a lemming.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Tiny, No one called you a lemon!

I still think anyone can listen to my telephone at any time if they want.

I remember the days of "PARTY LINE PHONES", they were kind of fun.

If I were involved in criminal activities or some sort of fraud I would want to protect myself from prosecution. Therefore don't illegally wire tap my telephone.

I have rights!

Have you taken a close look at some of the liberal judges we have in the court system?

The judges would turn the crooks loose faster than we could arrest them.

I remember the words to an old song,"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose".

I feel like "I" have a lot to lose so to protect myself I will give up a little freedom if necessary.

Tiny those little lemmings liked to line their nests with grass.

JOHN GILL
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
If you cast or throw your messages up into the ether of cyberspace, where ever they land and whosomeever they land on should be able to take a look as to what it was that fell upon your antenna, don't you think????

...come on..... "Freedom of having any electronic broadcast intercepted"?? ...Right of privacy? Which Amendment is that one, maybe it is like the 2nd Amendment, meant only for the Governmental militia, and not an individual Right! The United States Constitution has been screwed over so much now it is just an old wall hanging...to talk about to your grandkids, say "look what the founding fathers set up for us and a bunch of greedy politicians screwed us out of most of it!, like States' Rights, Taxation with representation, freedom of search, the Right to bear arms.. on and on....

Sometime... when the time is Right. I will give my Pro- Constitution speech! The one I took an oath to defend!.... It is a doozey!

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
The one that bothers me the most is the " Supreme Court Decision" to seize private property to increase the tax base etc..

This one takes away the basic right to own property.

Your liberals on the supreme court did this!

JOHN GILL
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
MRMACK,
I think you need to re-phrase part of your comment to:"look what the founding fathers set up for us and a bunch of greedy TEXAS politicians screwed us out of most of it"

DD

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I'm about as far to the right as you can get without coming around the other side.
Now, that being said.... None of OWNS our land.We just keep it for a while. It ain't OURS. Don't think so? Just stop paying your property taxes and see what happens to your property. Stop paying your income taxes and see what happens to your property.
EMINENT DOMAIN means the government owns your property and can take it anytime they want to. It ain't right, but whatcha gonna do?

Wanna31

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Hey guys... I'm going to CLOSE this thread.

It's not that I don't enjoy reading it, but it doesn't belong on the CHEVY Chatter Board. Why don't you find another place that accommodates these kinds of discussions and post a link to it so that people can join you over there. We really do need to keep our discussions directed towards Chevy automotive-related topics.

Thanks for understanding.

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.