Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#85063 11/24/05 01:41 PM
xxx Offline OP
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
I thought this was a cool add on....especially for you west coast guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1932-Olympics-License-Plate-Topper-****-Model-A-Chevy_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33758QQitemZ6581809822QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

How much does this type of thing (AAA, palm tree, etc.)on a licence plate cost you in points when judged? It not like an incorrect motor part or a wrong interior.

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
gator: i collect such license plate adornemnts and at 31 bucks, its a bargain. mike

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Points??

I'd ding a guy the MAXIMUM. And if I could find a legitimate "reason" to, I'd take off even more. How ridiculous could a guy be to submit his car for judging with something like that on the car????

Especially considering it would have taken less than five minutes to remove it.

I think it's a totally cool item. But N-O-T for judging. Come on. Let's show a little respect for the guys that volunteer their time and expertise to judge the cars!!!

Bill.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I'd give you two points extra if you can prove its a 1932 original and you display it on a 1932 Chevrolet.

JOHN GILL
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Like anything else it would depend on the judge. If it was my decision I would let it pass if the car is a 1932.Dealer tags and plates are accepted as long as they are correct for the period.

Sure it will go for much more than the $31.00

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
NAW....This isn't a dealer installed option !!! You let this pass and next thing would be those lodge tags all over the non stock radiator shield on a 28 and how about a authentic 1950's Car club plaque on a 1954 BelAire?
That would be a can of worms.

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
If you can have the wrong year engine with no points deducted, how is that different than having the wrong year license plate tag? Which do you feel is the more important to have correct of the two? :confused: wink laugh laugh

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
In 1932 the dealer could have been promoting the Olympics and installed the attachnemt.

I see cars being judged with American Flags,State Farm wings, and various other things as attachments-wonder if they get deducted?I have a VCCA oval on one of my cars..is that OK??

......THE ENGINE.....THE ENGINE......
THE ENGINE

Gene Schneider
xxx Offline OP
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
I can see a difference between a naked girl mud flaps and an AAA symbol on a car.

Gene, I have wondered about the award ovals on cars; they weren't there when the car was new, so is there an official exception for ovals? Or maybe only VCCA ovals?

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
From what I understand, You must have the senior oval on your car to have It judged In the preservation class. chevy

DON BOLTZ FROM THE EVERGREEN STATE
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Gator,
I'm glad to know you noticed "a difference between a naked girl and mud flaps".

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between a fox tail and mud flaps?

JOHN GILL
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Don is correct, the VCCA oval is required to be displayed on the car.

The other stuff is baloney.

Keep it off during judging.

Judging isn't really complicated Gator. I don't understand why you're trying to make it complicated. Just follow the 'rules' whether you like them or not.

Just follow the rules.

Bill.

xxx Offline OP
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
So we take off for AACA ovals?

"Just follow the 'rules' whether you like them or not. Just follow the rules."

I don't think there would be a United States of America if people always had done that Bill. Sounds more like the motto of all of the totalitarian leaders that have lived instead.

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Bill, I'd like to know abour the AACA ovals and VMCCA Gold Award. What do you say?

See you down the Back Roads.

See you Touring the Back Roads

Joined VCCA June 1, 1961
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Gator, Take notice. I do not know If you attended a VCCA judging school or participated in any meets. I did two years ago for the first time at our reginal northwest meet In Auburn Washington.The judging school was attended by Jim Farris, Ray holland, Bruce Deford and about sixty other chevy people, And I have to tell you that every single person, Weather they were going to have their car judged or not, Had nothing but good words to say about, What they learned and how the judging Is done. Steve Scott came to Auburn to put the judging school on. We had almost every person who attended the judging school,Become a participant In judging the cars the next day. I have since been a judge and have had my cars judged and have found It to be a fun thing to participate In. I also found that having my cars judged, That there were things that was not correct on my cars, Which gave me the Information to make corrections, Not to cut the car down for things that were wrong.But to give me a way to correct them. I think that If more people would get Involved In judging, Instead of steering away from It, That they would understand what judging Is about, And that they are really missing out on alot of fun and participation at meets they attend. Touring Is also one of the really fun things to participate In at meets. Being Involved In all aspects of being a VCCA member, Is what It Is all about, Instead of complaining about this and that.Get Involved at the VCCA meets, And who knows, It might just be the best fun you ever had. This Information Is directed to everyone. BE happy, Have Fun, Get Involved. :) chevy chevy chevy chevy chevy chevy chevy

DON BOLTZ FROM THE EVERGREEN STATE
xxx Offline OP
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
I feel the same as you Don, so I don't understand the comments...

I am not complaining about anything, all I (and others) wanted to know was if they would lose points if they left badges/ovals from other groups on their cars when showing at a VCCA meet.

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
You will not loose points for AACA badges....But if your car has previously earned a VCCA oval-Senior,Preservation or HPOCF - it must be displayed on the car and in the specified place.
At one time they didn't specify a place so mine are in different locations on all the cars.

For one car I ordered two of the oval mounting brackets sold in the G&D and have the AACA and VCCA ovals mounted on the ends of the front license plate.One to each side.On three of the cars their stuck to the dash/glove box door and one above the front license.

As far as judging is concerned....yes,it fun and not the evil thing that it is sometimes portrayed to be here.Its all done by humans so there will be mistakes and problems.

The thing that bothers me is that I don't think some would be too happy if they lost 2 points for a license attachement and had the correct engine and the car that is next to them got a first senior by 2 points and had an incorrect engine.Like a '31 engine in a '32.Thats the area that reqires rethinking.

Gene Schneider
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Gator: The preface to the judging manual states in part:

C. Philosophy
"It is the owners’ understanding that when they decide to have their vehicles judged, that we, as club members, are comparing their vehicles to how the manufacturer delivered the vehicles to the dealer and (on) to the public."

D. Vehicle Requirements
"All non-authentic items on vehicles will receive appropriate deductions."

laugh laugh laugh

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Cool answer Mr. JD

I bet you a silly response. (post count?) devil

Hot 69
69 Chevelles Cook!!
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
I've always said, "do what you're told."

That's why these idiots on the TV news get in trouble. The cops say, 'vacate the area' and the idiots (rabble rousers) with nothing to lose, surge forward, instead of leaving.

If the coach said run 3 laps, you were to run 3 laps. Not walk, not goof off, not 2 laps.

If the DI said hit it and 20 pushups - that's what you were to do. (Even you should be able to understand that, Wayne.)

NOW, if you don't want to follow their rules (whoever "they" are), you never should have been "there" in the first place. If you don't like the VCCA judging 'rules' don't submit your car for judging.

I just think the rules are the rules and that's it. What the hell does that have to do with "totalitarian leaders??"

( "Sounds more like the motto of all of the totalitarian leaders that have lived instead." )

All clubs, organizations, churches, govt's, etc. etc. have 'rules.' Rules are to be followed, until they're changed. Changed by following the rules on how to change them.

I think there's lots of posting in here just so the "poster" can hear himself "talk."

Bill.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Where are you on the post count Bill?

"I think there's lots of posting in here just so the "poster" can hear himself "talk".

JOHN GILL
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Ahhhh... posting count.... now you're in my ballfield. bigl bigl bigl

Billy Boy

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Hi Bill,

Make us all mad by turning off the senseless count. I'm also convinced there are a preponderance of posts for the "count". As you indicated, they really mean nothing.

Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Yeah Billy, The counting of posts is something that I see has no value except as an ego boost, get rid of them...I am counting posts.. one posts,...two posts,... three posts...I am de Count and I am counting posts.
Dis sounds like a game we kids used to play on a trip, before on board DVD players...count the telephone poles.

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
"Posting Counts"-- been involved with the Chatter for a couple years now and i too think there are one or two VCCA posters who do so to keep their # of posts high by posting unecessarily. however, the NCRS forum's method of tracking posts really encourages frequent postings---you can click on the "top 25 posters" button by the minute and see who's got the most posts in that time frame. About 99% of the ncrs posts are genuine attempts to get or give corvette-related info . there are a couple of ncrs members who post just to see themselves posting and keep their names in the "top 25 posters" list. I'd suspect 99.9% of the VCCA posts are genuine attempts to give or get info. my 2 cents. mike

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.