Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I was pointed over here from another forum. I am looking for someone who may have worked at Delco building car radios back before 1976. I am trying to find pictures or interesting stories from working there such as why something on the radios turned out the way it did or why something changed. Can Anyone help? There is really not much info out there from the assembly line at Delco Radio.

Thanks
-Joe-

Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
chevy chevy Don't know if he worked at Delco itself.....but Ray might come on board with some good stuff...! Wait for it. chevy chevy Don.

V.C.C.A. - (National) - (S.O.C.R. #7) - M.C.A.A.C. (NOT V.C.C.A. - "local").... http://www.mcaac.mb.ca * * * Chevys are G R E A T * * *.
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Can't help you on the factory end. All my experience was in a small repair shop that had the contract with the local Chevrolet agency. I came on board at about the time Chevrolet was making the Chevrolet agencies responsible for the installation of accessory radios and associated repair. This was in 1947. Over the years I have collected almost all of the equipment and publications that were a part of the contract. Most of it has been posted on this forum in pictures.

Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
chevy chevy Oh well.......! chevy chevy

V.C.C.A. - (National) - (S.O.C.R. #7) - M.C.A.A.C. (NOT V.C.C.A. - "local").... http://www.mcaac.mb.ca * * * Chevys are G R E A T * * *.
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Sorry for not posting in a bit, I lost the link to the site.

Thanks for the input I will hunt around the site and see what I can find. Thanks!

-Joe-

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.