Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I am rebuilding a 1926 closed car 4dr Landau and now at the point where I need a plan on how to complete those landau "bars" (which I think are made of potmetal. So two questions:
1) I need a recommendation as to an outfit that can restore that type of metalwork (as one is broken...but all parts are there).
2)What I call the finishing hubs (metal disc that screws on to hold the landau) are missing. I have searched in vain for replacements. Any sources? Possibly from other GM vehicles of that era. ..and while I am at it a third question: I need a recommendation for aluminum "rebuild" on the radiator shell (frazzled on the bottom)...probably that might be the same answer as Q#1. Thanks

MikeyBoy
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Gary Wallace has Landau top prop nuts for sale. The catalog lists them for $15. I have had very good luck with Gary on parts for my '27 Landau. His number is 314 293 1991.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Several years ago I copied Gary's Catalog on line so everyone could refer to it. Although not always current as the printed version I did an update earlier this year. Click on -
http://fp3.antelecom.net/herb/gary.htm
Herb

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Yes Herb, and all of us that use Gary's online Catalog from time to time owe you debt of gratitude for what you did. Thanks!

I first met Gary when we parked beside each other on the Judging Field at the Anniversary Meet in Rapid City, South Dakota in 1996. Since that time Our paths have crossed at other VCCA events and at Swap Meets like Indianapolis, Iola, Hershey, and others. I've found him to be a very personable and likeable individual. Now here's where you come in. Last year in Hershey I stopped at Gary's space and to make a purchase and visit with him. While we were talking I noticed that he had a helper taking care or customers. I just asked the Question, "Is that your partner Herb"? and he said, "No, I don't have a business partner, other than my wife, that fellow is a friend." I responded, I'm sorry, I noticed your Online Catalog says Herb and Gary. He gets the biggest grin on his face and responds to me, "You know what, I've never met Herb, he just contacted me out of the blue one day and asked if he could place my catalog Online for me and I said, go ahead?" "I really appreciate it, it's one of the best things that has happened to me, and he did it gratis." I can tell you that from what he said to me and the way in which he said it, he truly does appreciate your efforts.

So, Kudos to Herb, another individual who's making this hobby a neat thing to be involved with.

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750

Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
HERB , you're blushing.

Good job.

Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Sorry about all the extra posts. I kept getting a message that said, Wait 60 second and re submit and you can see how many times I waited and re submitted. Would someone please delete the un needed postings, please.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks Oldie, and yes Ray, you caught me.
As moderator I have deleted the extra posts and, the story about Gary really made my day.
Also not known to everyone is that Gary has some quite famous nephews. Congratulations to Rusty Wallace for his NASCAR win at Martinsville Speedway last Sunday.
Herb

xxx Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Herb, Thanks and if you post the catalog site under "Vendors" everyone can learn about the site. This was a new source of parts for me, (years other than '12-'28).

I have saved the link under my "favorites"; thanks again for the link and your 'public' service for Chevys.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks for the suggestion Gator
I also keep a list of sources some of you might want to copy. Sorry it is not updated more often.
http://fp1.antelecom.net/herb/sources.htm
Herb

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.