Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hello,
I have a 1927 Chevrolet Coach and could use a little help. It was restored in 1969 by my father and still runs good, but I have a few questions. On the exhaust manifold, there is a heat shield housing. I know that this is for a pipe to run to the carb, but what type of pipe should be used. Also, there is a metal canister (looks like a can) with fins cut into the end that appears to go on this heat shield also. Does it? Secondly, the water pump needs rebuilding, is it better to send it out or get a kit and rebuild it myself? I have been to The Filling Station website ( fillingstation.com) and they have all the parts to do it and also offer a rebuilding service. Please let me know anything that you think might help.

Dan

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
A flexible metal tube connects the stove on the exhaust pipe to the inlet of the carb. The metal can is a type of aircleaner. The slots are supposed to spin the air as it enters and separate the dust and dirt. If you have a press or large vise and a reamer then you can rebuild the water pump your self. It is not too difficult with the proper equipment. It can be done without a press and reamer but you need to be more knowledgeable on fitting the bushing and shaft and removing and installing the pulley. Hammer and punch can damage the housing if not done right. You need to get the bushings aligned correctly so the pump does not wear or leak.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.