Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I have bucket seats in my 1941 AK 3100 but the original bench seat was included when I bought the truck. I’m in the process of cleaning/painting the springs and recovering them. The springs are in great shape but didn’t include any mounting parts. I found the seat rails on one of the supply websites and they should arrive shortly. Apparently the two outside rails have a tooth that fits into the rail on the seat that allows fore and aft adjustment. My question is what if anything holds the seat down tight against the rails? Was it screwed or bolted down? I was considering using a rubber strap with a latch so I could adjust the seat without tools. I’m sure it will be clear once I actually see the rails. I was just curious how it was mounted from the factory.
Thanks.

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Hi Planepal

The answer is:
You do! 🙂

There is nothing to hold the seat down but the weight of the seat, and the weight of you sitting on it.

And that seems to be enough, as I've never had mine lift free and/or slide while driving.

Of course that means no tools are necessary to adjust the seat.

Just lift the seat free of the pins and slide ahead or back until the pins fall back into the desired hole.

Hope that helps!

Ole S Olson
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks! That makes me feel better. The rails arrived yesterday along with a new gas tank. Time to get to work!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.