Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#486982 11/14/23 10:49 PM
THH Online Content OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Online Content
Shade Tree Mechanic
If any of you guys get a chance to watch Roadworthy Rescues on the Motor Trend Channel Derek Bieri (some kinda mechanic and wonabe comedian) is going to get a 1937 Chevy Deluxe going and hopefully going to drive it to Detroit to the GM headquarters. Should be very interesting.

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

THH #486993 11/15/23 08:38 AM
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
I've been watching it. He's a pretty capable mechanic but I'm not a great fan of his cutesie names for stuff. I also watch Roadkill. Bieri does things as correctly as he can considering circumstances. Roadkill half asses things because that's the point of their show.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
1 member likes this: Clement
THH #487002 11/15/23 02:45 PM
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Interesting thread. Recently in a another classic car forum we were having a similar discussion about these types of shows. My observation of the trend over the last 5+ years is that most of them fall into one of 2 categories: entertainment by as THH noted "wannabe comedians" or promoting products.

There are a few that do show some interesting work on vehicles and even share some tips and tricks. People ripping pieces off and throwing them around the shop don't interest me nor does the constant bickering between the "characters" they try to be.

Rusty

VCCA #44680
THH #487025 11/16/23 11:31 AM
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I enjoy watching Full Custom Garage, with Ian Roselle. He's a master fabricator and is entertaining to boot.

I really like his creativity, problem solving skills, and 'repurposing' of stuff.

Agree with Rusty that the drama introduced into these shows is very tiresome.

Cheers, Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

THH #487045 11/16/23 07:32 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
The shows I watch on MT: My Classic Car,Restoration Garage,Chasing Classic cars,Graveyard Cars,and FantomWorks. the rest are a waste of time. To Hollywoody with false deadlines,parts arriving just in time,ruining some interesting cars etc.
Graveyard is a little over the top but he does beautiful restorations on Mopars and he knows his cars.
I defy a restoration type show to restore a Corvair to factory stock condition,only 1 car out of 10 is restored correctly.
The auctions are another waste of time and have driven the little guy out of the hobby. Face facts you can't drive the cars,you may see them on the block but that is it unless you buy it. The prices people pay for clones,tributes etc are ridiculous.
Wonder why someone has not started a low key auction for affordable cars for people on a low key budget,raising a family,working in a one car garage etc. A lot of not very collectible cars like Vegas,Gremlins,Mavericks,and I'm sure you can ad to this list are simply ignored but bring one to a cruise-in and watch the peoples re-action.
CorvairEd VCCA#47508 Dade City Fla

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.