Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#486069 10/08/23 09:58 PM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I am getting ready to finish my 1932 Holden bodied phaeton and need the following parts:
- Front bumper and brackets (should be Australian bumper but will take a USA one until I can find the proper one)
- Rear bumperettes with brackets (same situation as above)
- Headlights
- Firewall bracket that holds the rubber grommet
- Holden cowl badge (have one but need the other)
- Top irons/bows if anyone has a decent set
- Seat springs
- Gauge set

Some of these may be hard to find but figured I’d throw it out there.

Please message me.
Thanks!

Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Be careful when you buy parts, there is often slight differences between the US and Australian built cars, I found out the hard way by buying US parts that dont fit my Holden bodied 38.
I suggest you contact Chevparts in Sydney but there maybe others that I dont know of.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
There was only one HOLDEN fitted to the left hand side of the cowl, the front bumper bars are twin bumper bars with a dip in the centre of the lower bar. The front bumper support bracket is similar to the 1931 twin bar bracket .The rear bumperettes are similar to the 1931 rear bumperettes, but the brackets are slightly different . The cowl firewall rubber grommet retainer plate is the same up to 1939, just the rubber has a different hole count. The hood irons are a combination of flat bars and tubular socket bows,

JACK
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for the info! Saves me from learning the hard way. I checked with Chevparts but they weren’t able to help me. Seems like I might be up a creek. So basically the bumpers on the US cars likely won’t even bolt up to mine? I believe mine didn’t come with bumpers from the factory (according to the drawing in the brochure). But it sure seems like a safe idea to put bumpers on it. I don’t want to be looking for new fenders someday. Anyone know anybody else who might have some of these parts?

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
1931 and 1932 USA bumper bars will fit no problem, the chassis frame dimensions are the same, RHD TO LHD chassis frames.

Have a look at Snyders model A ford parts, they make new 1932 Chevrolet phaeton seat springs ( and other 1931 and 1932 Chevrolet seat springs) which may be able to be fitted to your 1932 Chevrolet tourer.

JACK
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for the information! I have a set of seat springs that came from Snyder’s when I purchased the car. They don’t seem to be large enough but I guess that’s a bridge I’ll cross when I start working in the upholstery.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.