Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#464576 12/14/21 04:58 PM
M
mjgord51
Unregistered
mjgord51
Unregistered
M
Hello all.
I have a 68 C10 with a 4L60 trans and am looking for an easy way to lock-up the torque converter with out braking the Bank.I have searched the web and some forums and found 100's well maybe 20 or so ways to do it. Just trying to make this simple. My truck has been down for quite sometime and I have never looked in side the pan to see if any thing has been done to it just haven't had the time. If anyone has had success with an easy way please share what you did or if anyone has had troubles with a particular method please give details on the pro's & con's of your bad experiences.

Still looking for How to post pictures here.

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

#464610 12/15/21 02:18 PM
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
A simple and cheap solution is a toggle switch. You control when you lock it up. The key is that you need to unlock it when you are traveling around town or climbing hills.

There are lots of YouTube's on this solution. If you are using any type of drivetrain computer control it might cause some issues because you do not have the PWM Solenoid sending a signal to the ECM.

Rusty

VCCA #44680

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.